|Structure Fire Involving a Grill|
|June 17, 2020|
At 2055 on Tuesday, June 16th, CTVFC was dispatched for a possible structure fire, with initial details provided that a grill had caught fire and caught the siding of the house on fire. Since our members had just concluded our monthly Business Meeting, we had fully staffed, multiple units enroute within 2 minutes. Upon our arrival, the homeowner believed he had the fire out with the use of two extinguishers. Crews pulled the siding from the house, soaked the exterior wall, and checked for extension inside the residence.
It is recommended to not cook with your grill near the side of your house or under a roof/covering, and always have extinguishers on hand in your home!!